37.5 hrs per week. £18-24k depending on experience.
We are currently looking for a Junior AV Technician – ideally someone with some form of commercial experience however we will consider someone that has a good head for Video Systems/I.T./Electronics.
The role of the Junior AV Technician will be a mobile and versatile technical support individual who will specify, install, test and de-install complex video and audio systems. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills are required to handle the diverse array of projects. Assistance from a Senior AV Technician will be provided where appropriate.
Primarily working from our offices but also spending periods of time in venues both in the UK and abroad.
- Work on the specification and quoting of projects with the assistance of the Project Manager.
- To work in a shift pattern as organised by the Project Manager and be on duty at weekends on occasion, when requested.
- Ensuring equipment is accounted for on the computer rental system
- To prepare, rig, lift/move, operate and de-rig equipment for events within our own premises and the client’s venue and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- You will be a point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide a high-quality technical service in terms of installations/de-rigs and client-facing responsibilities.
- Assist with the load-ins/load-outs of equipment going into/coming out of venues.
- Operate and provide routine maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Cultivate relations with all contacts i.e. team members, partners and customers.
- Use your initiative to fulfil any additional client requests and/or resolve any technical issues whilst on-site.
- Attend meetings with the Project Manager as and when required to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- To help other in-house operations as instructed by the Directors/Project Managers, if necessary.
- You are to adhere to the Company’s and venue’s grooming standards at all times whilst at the customer’s venue.
- Competence with H&S procedures and understanding the concept of, risk assessments.
- Educated to ‘A’ level or above
- Previous experience of the Audio-Visual Industry an advantage
- Competency with computers including Microsoft 365 Packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Must hold a full, clean driving licence or in the process of gaining one
- Holding an IPAF qualification 3a is an advantage
- Hold a UK passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
Applications will only be accepted by sending a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com